To draw people closer to God.
Our Core Values:
Loving, Growing, Serving.
By grace, Jesus taught us to love God with all our heart, soul and mind, and to love our neighbour as ourselves.
To help us know and love Jesus better:-
- We gather each week to hear His Word.
- We respond to Him in faith with prayer and praise.
- We go out with love for each other, aiming to glorify Him in all we do.
‘Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: “Love your neighbour as yourself.”’ (Matthew 22:37-39)
Supporting verses: 1 Corinthians 16:14, 1 Corinthians 13:13, Luke 6:31, 1 John 4:19.
We desire to mature in our Christian faith and to this end, we encourage spiritual growth in the following areas:
- Upwards: we create settings that honour God and support personal growth, through worship, prayer, teaching and learning.
- Inwards: we provide opportunities, including small groups, which offer pastoral care and encourage loving friendships and acceptance.
- Outwards: we engage with those outside our fellowship, both collectively and individually, by reaching out in the name and love of Jesus.
‘But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever! Amen.’ (2 Peter 3:18)
Supporting verses: Colossians 1:28-29, Matthew 28:19-20, Luke 2:52, Ephesians 4:15-16.
Jesus is our example of how we should serve.
- We serve others in practical ways, considering physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- We serve people within our church, our community and the wider world.
- We commit ourselves to promoting justice and dignity, addressing issues that threaten the value and worth of God’s creation, so that all may have hope and live life to the full promised by God.
‘But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.’ (1 Samuel 12:24)
Supporting verses: John 12:26, Mark 10:45, 1 Peter 4:10, Matthew 20:27.