Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene, we or us: Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene, a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in the United Kingdom, with Registered Charity Number 1159881, whose registered address is 5 Rackhouse Road, Manchester, M23 0BE.
Website: the website that you are currently using, https://brooklandschurch.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c) a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d) “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e) reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene is the “data controller”. This means that Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a) contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a) data is given to us by you; and
b) data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a) when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a) we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a) responding to enquiries via the contact form on this website, or via email;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a) our employees, trustees and/or church members, solely to respond to any queries made via this website.;
13. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a) Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information.
b) Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c) Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d) Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e) Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f) Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
14. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
15. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
16. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
You may contact Manchester Brooklands Church of the Nazarene by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 04 December 2018